General Certification for Roof Mounted PV Array Systems
Gamcorp work with PV array frame manufacturers providing structural assessment, advice and certification to ensure their systems are suitable for installation in Australia and New Zealand. Wind load is the most critical factor that effects PV Array systems, and although the Australian and New Zealand Standard 1170.2, "Structural Design Actions: Wind Actions", is specific about how to determine the design wind speeds there is only limited design guidance on how wind forces apply to Roof Mounted PV Array Systems. Over the past 10 years Gamcorp has developed methodologies from internal and external research to ensure that the PV Array Systems are optimised for Australian & New Zealand conditions.
Roof Mounted PV Array Systems
A typical PV Array Frame Assessment and Certification includes the following:
- Engineer Analysis & Certification of Tin & Tile Roof for Flush Mount and Tilt Mount PV Array Frame Systems in accordance with Australian Standard AS/NZS 1170.2. Includes:
- Structural analysis of frame and fixings for uses in Australian Wind Regions A, B, C, & D, and Terrain Category 2 & 3
- Array Frame Engineering Certificate with summary table of roof fixing spacings for specific fixing types (Screw or Roof Clamps).
What's important to you
The major factors that are taken into account to ensure structural safety and integrity while developing a cost effective design are:
- Adequate information gathering and collaboration between system designer and structural engineer.
- Upfront planning to determining all aspects of the specific requirements before completing designs.
- Effective internal management systems that lead to delivering projects on time.
- Design and engineering expertise that leads to efficient and cost effective design and elimination of unwarranted added costs, both during installation and over the lifetime usage of the structure.
When accuracy, timeliness and total project cost are critical, we have the experience, expertise and systems to:
- listen to your specific needs,
- analyse the critical issues and manage the workload to develop unique, cost effective solutions, delivered as you need them.
Our mission at Gamcorp is to provide high quality advice regarding structural design as early as possible in the life of the project and to create certification documentation that detail a clear, concise and complete innovative solution.
We typically require 5 - 7 workings days to complete the certification of a PV Array that includes flush, tilt and tile mounted systems once we have received all the required information from you.
To complete the structural assessment and certification we will require the following:
- Pull Test Report for Tile Roof Hooks, Roof Sheet Clamps & Tilt Leg Assembly
- We will provide our recommended test methodology once we are engaged. We can also recommend material testing companies if required.
- Schematic scaled drawings of the PV Array structure and its component
- Section & Material properties for aluminium fixing rails and other system components